What You Should Know About Auto Insurance in Newark, DE, for Part-Time Delivery Drivers
The internet, apps, and other technology have opened the door for new business opportunities that can help us make a little extra money. Some of the most prominent examples would be Uber, Uber Eats, or Lyft, where you can use your car to make deliveries or take people places. If you’re planning on undertaking this side-hustle, then you need to get the right auto insurance in Newark, DE, to make sure you’re covered in case of an accident.
Ask Yourself These Questions
Shopping for the right coverage is always a headache, which is why you should consider these questions when you’re buying auto insurance:
- How often will the car be used for business or delivery?
- How many miles per week or month will it be used for delivery?
- Who will be driving the car?
- What company are you driving for?
- What will be delivered? For example, will it be food, packages, medicine, or other goods?
- Are you being compensated for the delivery work?
It’s important to think about what types of goods you’ll deliver because the insurer will likely want to know. Moreover, some insurance companies might not let you use your own car for business or deliveries, so be sure to look closely. If you’d like to learn more about using your car for these purposes, you can contact Broadbent Insurance, Inc., for more details about auto insurance and more.