Follow Us
We speak Spanish and Mandarin (中文)
Family of three on couch

Do You Need a Rider for Your Homeowners’ Insurance in Newark, DE?

As a homeowner, you want to protect your property and belongings as best you can, and that means purchasing homeowners’ insurance in Newark, DE. But what about when your circumstances change, or you wish to make updates to your policy? Do you need a rider to your homeowners’ policy in that case?

At Broadbent Insurance Agency, Inc., our business is providing the best possible coverage for our clients, and we know a lot about riders. We’re happy to share that information here, so you can make the right decision when the time comes.

For starters, let’s take a look at what a rider is and does. It’s an addition to your coverage that “rides on” the initial policy. It’s also known as an endorsement and gives you extra protection above the standard homeowners’ insurance package.

If you have expensive items, such as artwork, antiques, or jewelry, you may want to consider a rider. It provides extra coverage for possessions that are excluded or have low limits on your insurance policy.

Before you decide to purchase a rider for your home insurance, go through your policy with your agent to determine what is covered. Once you’ve done that, then you will be in a position to decide if you need a rider. It’s a simple step that can make a big difference if you have to file a claim in the future.